We believe in being open, honest and offering a transparent pricing system which is fair and excellent value for money. Every chimney, and how it works, is different but we’ve tried – as far as possible – to provide flat fees so there’s no nasty surprises.
Please see below for details as well as Terms & Conditions:
- Lined stoves and small open fires – from £85 Book now
- Small Open Gas Fire – from £95 Book now
- Unlined Stoves – from £95 Book now
- Large Original Openings/Dog Grates (solid fuel or gas) – from £95 Book now
- Pre Install Sweep (no CCTV inspection) – from £95 Book now
* Please note standard sweeping does not include removal of nests, wildlife and other blockages from a chimney. See below for prices and other T&Cs*
SPECIALIST REMOVAL SERVICES
- Live bird/wildlife rescue – From £130 Book now.
- Bird Nests (Sept -Jan only) – From £250. All nest removals include a CCTV inspection to confirm that the flue is clear of debris. See T&Cs below for details on gas fires, sweep access and fireplace location. Please note that, in accordance with the Wildlife & Countryside Act, it is an offence to destroy a live nest. As such, our policy is not to remove nests which are suspected of capable of being live between the months of February and August inclusive. Book now.
- Chemical Tar Removal Service – From £250. This is a chemical treatment applied to a flue which has large deposits of tar or creosote. Removal of these deposits is essential as using the flue while in this state can cause a chimney fire. Tar and creosote must also be removed before fitting a liner. See T&Cs below for details on gas fires, sweep access and fireplace location. Book now.
- Hardened Soot Blockage – £130. This is usually required when soot and tar has built up over a period of time and has resulted in a blocked flue and cannot be removed through the normal, standard sweeping process. Please note this is not applicable to bird nests, which is a separate service. Book now.
STOVE SERVICING (only available as part of a sweep)
- Stove rope replacement (single door) – from £50
- Stove rope replacement (double door) – from £60
- Flue collar resealing – £25
- Flue Debris Collar Supply & Fit – £40
- Stove bricks – Prices vary depending on manufacturer.
- Carbon Monoxide Alarms – £30
- Stove Pipe Thermometer – £10
- Birdguards (supply and fit) – From £160
Pricing Terms & Conditions – Please Read Carefully
Inspection Fee – £40: We do not offer free quotation visits. Appointments are booked on the basis that we will be attending to sweep a chimney or chimneys. In the event of being unable to sweep an appliance due to access issues, inappropriate installation or other hazards present, we reserve the right to charge a standard minimum £40 Inspection Fee per chimney. This will include bespoke advice on the nature of the fault(s), suggested remedial actions and, where relevant, completion of appropriate documentation.
Missed Appointment Fee – £40: A call out fee of £40 will be applied if, upon arriving at an appointment, we are unable to gain access to a property for any reason. To reschedule or cancel appointments, please call 07724311992 by noon the day beforehand.
Deposits: We do not normally request a deposit unless the appointment is for sweeping three or more chimneys. In the event that three or more chimneys are required to be cleaned, we will only confirm a booking once a £70 non-refundable. non-transferable deposit has been received. The balance will then be payable on completion of the appointment.
Ladder/Loft Access Charge – From £20 upwards dependent on height/access Some flues require soot removal from the system by accessing a soot hatch either outside the property or in the loft space. Sometimes this is only available by use of a ladder. Price varies dependent on access and height required
Gas Fires – Some gas fires require disconnection before a flue serving a gas appliance can be swept. This must be undertaken by a Gas Safe registered engineer and is to be arranged by the customer at their own cost.
Flue and Fireplace Location/Height Charges: Fireplaces other than those on the ground floor will incur an additional charge of £10 per flue.
Preparation for the sweeping appointment: Appliances must not be used at all in the 24 hours leading up to an appointment. Please remove any ash/debris/other items from the fire grate so it is clear. I require a space of around 6ft in front of the fireplace, so please move any coffee tables/furniture and items from the hearth.
Payment is due at the end of each appointment. Card payments are preferred but cash is accepted.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Our Covid-19 Policy – which contains specific instructions for customers preparing for our visit – must be adhered to. Click here to read.
Your chimney will be inspected by a professional, qualified chimney sweep assessed to the national standards and registered with the Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps.
All services are carried out in good faith; brief visual inspections are carried out of the appliance and chimney, but due to the concealed nature of chimneys and associated appliances, information should not be relied upon as a guarantee that the appliance and/or chimney are safe and/or free of faults or issues related to age, misuse, or poor installation.
The chimney sweep will assume unless otherwise told by the homeowner or the person allowing him/her entry into the property that the appliance is correctly and safely installed and is in a fit state to be swept.
If a fault occurs during sweeping, this is not the fault of the sweep; for a chimney and items connected to the installation to be considered fit for use, it must be in such condition that it can be safely cleaned and tested. If damage is caused during sweeping, this suggests an underlying fault which simply was exposed by the sweeping process.
PETS & CHILDREN
It is your responsibility to keep pets and children supervised within the property throughout our visit. They should remain in a separate room for the duration of our visit and have a designated responsible person(s) with them at all times. We cannot accept liability for loss or injury.
The sweeping process involves multiple trips to and from our vehicle. This means access doors sometimes remain open. It is the responsibility of the customer or their designated person to ensure all valuables are secure and away from the work route/area.