As a responsible local company, we are committed to helping prevent to the spread of coronavirus.
We have undertaken the World Health Organisation’s training course in Novel Coronavirus Infection Prevention & Control. In addition, we have completed further training which is ROSPA and CPD certified.
Due to the nature of our work, we have always used personal protective equipment (PPE) appropriate to the risks involved in any work we carry out.
Our procedures are as follows:
1. If you, or any member of your household, has coronavirus or is displaying symptoms, you MUST contact us beforehand to rearrange.
2. Customers/pets etc should leave the room while the sweep is underway.
3. To prepare for our visit you should, where possible;
– Remove all objects, such as ornaments, pokers, fuel etc, from the fireside/hearth area
– Remove any ash of debris from the grate/stove
– Allow a clear, uninterrupted passage from the main doorway into your property through to the fireplace area. Remove any furniture (coffee tables etc) which are in the way of this route
– Ensure a plug socket (extension lead if necessary) is next to the hearth area
4. Payment will be taken at the end of the appointment. The customer, or their appointed person, must be present to make payment, unless alternative arrangements have been agreed with Mr Soot Chimney Sweep in writing beforehand. Card or cash payments are accepted.
Please be aware that, because of the situation regarding coronavirus, appointment dates and times may change because of circumstances beyond our control. If that is the case, you will be notified and offered a suggested, alternative date and time.
If you have any queries or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Want to go ahead and book an appointment? You can do here now