When our founder David set up Mr Soot Chimney Sweep, he had one mission – to be unlike the stereotypical tradesperson.
Answering enquiries promptly and professionally.
Turning up when we say we will.
Being smart and presentable.
Engaging with customers and respecting their home.
Basically be the sort of tradesperson you’d want in your own house.
It’s hardly rocket science. But from these very simple principles, the business grew from a part time round into a fully fledged full time operation.
Why? Because unlike a lot of trades who they’d come into contact with, we are actually a breeze to deal with!
We’re now looking for people with those very same values to join us.
- Gas Safe Register engineers who are legally able to work on open fireplaces. Duties include working in partnership with the Mr Soot team to remove appliances prior to sweeping, replacing them, servicing, testing, fault finding and issuing relevant paperwork. Happy to consider sole traders as well as limited companies. (Liverpool, Sefton & Widnes areas).
Ideal candidates will have:
– A professional outlook at all times
– A ‘can do’, practical approach to problem solving
– Be a people person and understand what makes different people tick
– Have good IT, numeracy and literacy skills
– Qualifications/Certifications a bonus but not essential
– Full UK Driving Licence (on site personnel only)
– Embrace further training and CPD
– An appreciation of the need for a good work/life balance
What We Look For
It’s great to have people with skills and experience, but we really value people with a positive attitude and outlook.
We want people who aren’t afraid to grab something and run with it.
We want people aren’t afraid to bring fresh ideas to the table.
Unlike many places, we don’t stifle innovation or fresh ideas just because it didn’t come from the ‘right person’. That’s the old way of doing things.
And it’s a great way of demotivating people. So we don’t do it. We want people who actually enjoy their work, and feel fulfilled by it.
So if you think you’ll fit the bill, just send us your updated CV and a covering letter via the form below, outlining why we’d be a perfect fit for each other.
Wanna stand out? Take Our TikTok Challenge!
At Mr Soot, we love videos. Our social media channels are full of bright, original content. They’re a great way of catching people’s attention.
So as well as a CV, why not send us a video – no longer than 60 seconds – showing why we’d be mad not to hire you!
Remember to keep it clean, keep it snappy and keep it relevant to the job you want.
What have you got to lose? Good luck!
For more information on any of these opportunities, please contact our head office on 0800 054 1154.