Mr Soot Chimney Sweep is a fully registered, professional chimney sweeping service spanning large parts of the North West.
Originally founded by David, it grew from a one person, part time round into a fully fledged, multi-vehicle operation.
It now covers vast swathes of the North West, and has bases in Manchester, Liverpool, Wigan and Stockport.
‘Not Your Typical Tradespeople’
From the outset, Mr Soot has always prided itself on being unlike the stereotypical tradesperson.
- Responding to enquiries promptly and professionally.
- Communicating the customers throughout.
- Providing a dedicated date and timeslot.
- Sending appointment reminders
- Issuing paperwork.
- Being polite and professional
We know just how frustrating it can be to get hold of a tradesperson, let alone ensuring they turn up. We experience it ourselves in our own homes. So we don’t do it to our customers.
Trained & Knowledgeable
All our sweeps are trained to Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps standard. They love their work and could talk about chimneys and fireplaces all day long.
They are experts in troubleshooting and problem solving. And if we don’t know the answer, or cannot provide a service for any reason, we’ll be straight and tell you.
There’s no shame in being honest. It’s what we do.
And Also A Great Place To Work!
Remember the old saying ‘the customer comes first’?
Well, we think that’s massively outdated. Because, first and foremost, we focus on our staff . We make sure they feel supported, valued and respected.
Because motivated staff will ALWAYS provide excellent customer service.
That’s why we offer all Mr Soot team members:
- Flexible working – ‘presenteeism’ and ‘clock watching’ is sooooo 1980s…
- No micro-managing – staff are allowed to get on with their work and use their skills and judgement
- A ‘flat’ structure – no top down ‘management knows best’ attitude. A good idea is a good idea, regardless of where it comes from
- Away days and paid training/CPD
- Holiday entitlement well above the statutory minimum
- No ‘compulsory holidays’ for Bank Holidays/Christmas/New Year shut down
- Every staff member gets their birthday off (and if it falls at the weekend, they can move the day’s leave to a normal work day)
Like what you hear? Then discover how you could become part of the Mr Soot story here